Wednesday, 2 December 2009

Santa's helpers visited

And I got two completely different layouts done about it.

First of all, I have to show you my new desktop! Charlie has posted her Desktop Challenge on the NEW DSO Challenge Blog, and seeing as I still had Octobers on my desktop it was time for a change.I used KimB's newest Xmas kit "Merry And Bright" which she RAKed me with on Saturday, thanks again Kim, it really really cheered me up!

But I think the pics need explaining. Last year we introduced a new tradition to the family, on November 30th, the boys write their Xmas lists and leave them on the front doorstep for Santa's helpers to pick up, and Santa's helpers then leave an advent calendar for the boys. Last year the helpers also picked up Richard's dummy and their baby drinking beakers. This year we didn't need to "get rid of" anything, so they only got the Xmas lists.
And in the pics on the layouts you can see them both "signing" their lists and this year it was raining so we couldn't put them on the doorstep, so we posted them in our letterbox, and put the flag up, so that the helpers knew where to find them.

I loved the pics so much, that I knew just how to use Funky Playground Designs Template (on their blog today)Credits:
Template by Valorie Brown at FPD
Funky Joy by Wendy Page at FPD
Santa from Comfort and Joy by Miss Tiina at FPD
Alpha from Spot of Color by Valorie Brown at FPD

As you can see I have been having fun, when really i should have been making my Xmas card, at this rate no one will get one before Xmas, more like Easter! OK off now, to try and get the cards made.
CU soon

No comments: