Tuesday, 15 July 2008

Ruby Tuesday - my second kit

Yep my second kit! That is my big surprise! I decided to have another go at the colour challenge at DSO, and have been working on this for a while now. But today is the day I decided to release it - hence the name "Ruby Tuesday".
I am quite proud of myself actually, my favourite bits being the frame (which is based on a frame I have on my shelf) and the petal frame (petals from the flowers Silvia (phillsboo) brought me), and the flowers (all from Mum's or my garden).

I used some Commercial Use bits on this kit, but there is still a bit of original stuff from me in there.
I would first like to credit the great designers who have allowed commercial use of their designs
1) Sweet Digi Scraps (www.beentherescrappedthat.com)
2) Melothria (www.digitalarts-cafe.com)
3) KimB Designs (http://kimbsdesigns.blogspot.com)
4) Becky Kress (www.elementalscraps.com)
5) Kirsty Smith (freebie not sure where from, her TOU didn't say)
6) Adelina (www.digitalarts-cafe.com)
7) Pillowgirl (http://pillowgirlscraps.blogspot.com)
8) Atomic Cupcake (www.atomiccupcake.com)
9) ribbon ???

And I apologise if I forgot anyone. Using commercial use stuff was all new to me, and I had great help from the Scrapgirls tutorial that I got for my Birthday (Secrets revealed).

OK, but all of that was not what you came to find out, but hey these girls need to be plugged, they have GREAT stuff for designers out there. Even beginning ones like me!

OK, now to whet your whistle, here is a layout I made using my new kit, it is another heritage photo and is my other grandparents wedding photo!

Credits
Ruby Tuesday by KayJay (that's me!!)

OK, you've got this far, here is what you have been looking for
I proudly present my second kit - Ruby Tuesday:


It is quite large so I had to split it into 3 downloads!
Download Papers 1
Download Papers 2
Download Elements

PLEASE no hot-linking, if you like my work, send your friends to my blog, where they can find other freebies (QPs, my first kit!)
And
I LOVE comments, and would love to read what you think of this my second attempt.

Oh, and I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to see the kit in use, so do drop me a line if you make a layout with it, and I will stop by your gallery and leave you LOTS and LOTS of love!

Bye 4 now, I will be back this evening, with my daily update.

OK, I'm back! Day 2 of the Kindergarden holidays is over and that too wasn't too bad. They both ate most of their dinner today (hamburgers filled with Feta cheese) and more or less behaved themselves. This afternoon we had a neighbours daughter around to play, so that made it a bit easier on me. In that time I got all the animals fed, plants watered and washing hang out (mustn't forget to get that in, when I have finished here!)
Oh, and whilst the kids (plus neighbours girl) were having tea, I made some jam with the red currants we picked yesterday. I have made one batch of redcurrant and apple. And I have strained the juice of one batch and will make jelly out of it, once it has cooled down. According to the sugar it has to be cold before you start again!

Other than that I keep popping back to my blog to see the number creeping up and up and am enjoying all your comments, do keep them coming!
Bye 4 now

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful job on the color challenge. Wonderful kit, thanks so very much.

Maria said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 15 Jul [LA 02:55am, NY 04:55am, UK 09:55am, OZ 07:55pm]).

Anonymous said...

The kit is beautiful!! just to let you know I gave you a blog award today, it's on my blog :)

abhall76 said...

Love the kit, the frame is fabulous! Your LO is really lovely as well.

tricertifiedx2 said...

Just BEAUTIFUL!!! Now I have to get to work!! I'm sure this will be easy to use, as was the last one!! Chat with you later!!

rspoutra said...

wonderful - exciting - beautiful - TY

Anonymous said...

Ooooo gorgeous kit,just right for the colour challenge, thank you so much

Mystical Brat said...

Very Pretty! Thanks for sharing!

MemoryKeeper said...

I just found your site today, and I must say you are an instant favorite! I love your kit, and can't wait to go back and get your first kit as well! So professional!

Dinphy said...

Wow Kerri,
This is WONDERFUL
And did you grow in designing!
I loved your first kit, and although it was very promising and fun, it didn't have the professional look this one has. This is AWESOME!! WOW WOW WOW! It looks SO GOOD!!!
I'm downloading right now, although hubby is kinda waiting to watch some tv together.. ;) But I MUST have this one!

Thank you!!!

ScrapShana said...

Love your newest freebie! Thanks so much for sharing it with us!

Nydia said...

Gorgeous kit Kerri! Thanks a lot!

Mozz said...

I am a snagging it lol, it looks wonderful...
Will get to work on it soon, and make something, I love those frames..

Kim B said...

Girl- this is AWESOME! LOVE LOVE LOVE how you pulled it all together! And as Dinphy said- it's so professional looking!
Thanks so much for sharing this with us- you have done a BRILLIANT JOB!
HUGS

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TY so ever much!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous kit1!! Thanks for sharing!!! I made one too and it's my second one as well1!!

http://crainbos.blogspot.com/

Sue said...

Thanks so much for the beautiful kit! I really like the colors you chose. The papers are great, too. I like the metal-looking frames as well. This will be fun to use. :)

Deborah Claxton said...

Thanks Kay for sharing this beautiful kit. I love it!!