Monday, 24 November 2008

So relaxed!

Holidays are just GREAT! And this one started out just that way - well nearly! We woke up to about 5cm of snow, so Florian had to get up early to go and clear the paths - In Germany it is law that you do that, which means if anyone slips on your path because you hadn't cleared it, you could get fined! Robert woke up just as Florian was going downstairs, so knowing how much he has been wanting to play in the sprinkling of snow, he got him up and he was so excited that he was allowed to help Daddy clear the snow. In fact he has gone to bed now, hoping the same will happen in the morning - he might be lucky as at the moment it is snowing again! (it all melted away during the day).
We dropped the kids off together at Kindergarden today, they thought it was great having Mummy AND Daddy to say goodbye too. And then....
we went to the Spa! Ooh, it was so relaxing (hence title). First we went in the small hot pool (35°C - 95°F) where the salt content is so high that you really do float on the water. That was sooooo relaxing, I actually nearly fell asleep, whilst floating. It is recommended though that you only stay in there for 15 minutes, so we stuck to that, then went into the other pool, which was only warm (31°C - 87.8°F) - just kidding! In that pool, still salty but not quite as much, we lay on a bed that bubbled our backs, lovely! Then we found a current that took us around in circles - fun! Then a whirlpool, I would have loved to have added some bubble bath! hihi! The whirlpool then turned into a massage pool, at shoulder height the water suddenly started coming out really strong, and it gave a really great massage to shoulders and neck! Let me think, what did we find then - oh, an area to stand and hold on to some bars, where you got your hands and feet massaged by the water. Wasn't to keen on the feet one, my feet are too ticklish for that! Then it was back to more floating! It's really amazing how you do all float in there, even my bum was in the air, normally that seems to hang down if you know what I mean!
All in all it was a fun morning out, and I don't feel the least bit guilty about not taking the kids, they wouldn't have enjoyed it there, no slides, no waves and no area, where they could have paddled but we do have plans to take them swimming sometime this week!
This afternoon we didn't really do much. Florian was going to take the boys out on their bikes, but it started snowing/sleeting again, so instead we put on our Keith Urban DVD and partied! I think the boys wore Florian out. I just watched and sang along - Danyale you're right, I shouldn't listen to Richard, just keep on singing! Actually this time, the boys didn't ask me to stop, maybe I was in tune, or was it just that our lounge had turned into a disco, and they couldn't hear my singing! ;)
After all the dancing, all my boys were ready for a shower, which they just had altogether! And now not a peep from them! Hopefully til morning!
Bye 4 now

2 comments:

Dinphy said...

That sounds like one awesome way to spend your morning! (big jealous grin)

I send you an e-mail, hope this time it doesn't go all around the world first... ;)

Unknown said...

I am sooooo jealous! Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!