Tuesday, 8 April 2008

Poor Robert - or the many uses of a Webcam!

I think poor Robert was feeling even worse today than yesterday! He was not his usual self, saying that though, he still "talked the hind legs off a donkey" (as we say in England!)
This morning I left him with a "babysitter" when I went to take Richard to Kindergarden. You'll never in a million years guess!
Nanna babysat via webcam and the internet! Yep! I sat Robert in front of the computer and TV, with his favourite programmes on, and Nanna watching him and keeping him company!
He had no problem with that. I had my mobile with me just incase...And Nanna was prepared!
It worked that well, that at lunchtime, when I had to pick Richard up again, and had everything set up for him, he told me to "go away now"!

Richard was enjoying himself when I picked him up, he was stomping around in the sandpit with the other kids, when I got there!

It was though a REALLY LONG day today! Robert didn't nap like yesterday, he badly needed one, but wouldn't so come bedtime, he was really "knackered", poor thing! He didn't even have fun doing his jigsaws today. He did have a good 45minutes, when I got the playdoh out for them both, we haven't done it for a while, and both of them thought it was great fun! I took some pictures, if they are any good, I will post them later on!

Other than that, not a lot to report today. Might get some layouts done later on.

Yep, got a layout done. This one is for the Jumpstart Challenge at Been There Scrapped That (don't forget to stop by there, there are some great things going on there!). It was a template, and I do find them hard work, but I quite like this one. Robert and Richard have decided that they don't necessarily want to smile when Mummy gets the camera on them for the umpteenth time a day. And this is what they do instead! Don't you just love them!?!

Credits:
Get Dirty by Sweet Digi Scraps
MyBoy Charm from Thats My Boy by Sweet Digi Scraps
Bye 4 now

3 comments:

tricertifiedx2 said...

He He He...too funny...but I am glad that it worked for you. I am so jealous!!! Would NEVER work in our household!! Great Job on the template challenge...I looked at the pic's and though how much the boys looked like Florian...without the silly faces of course!! So I'm off to make some dinner for the kiddo's and just so you know Jordan came home with fever from school today...she was complaining of a sore throat this morning so I am hoping it is not a sign of things to come...fingers crossed for me. Take care and Blessings to you.

Michelle said...

So sorry to hear that Robert isn't feeling better. Like your babysitter. What a great idea. Wish I could've done that when mine were little. Hopefully tomorrow goes better for you all. I like your layout, very cute.

Anonymous said...

Hoffe, Robert geht es heute besser. Habe es gestern nicht mehr geschafft, Dich anzurufen. War den ganzen Morgen unterwegs und mittags das erste Mal mit Luci in der Kunstschule der Kinderakademie. Hat ihm gut gefallen :-). Melde mich demnächst mal telefonisch. Wenn Du einkaufstechnisch etwas brauchst, einfach melden :-) Gute Besserung auch von Luci.
Silvia