Saturday, 19 April 2008

Treats for the boys!!

Yep, today was a day of treats for Robert and Richard. Robert for being such a brave boy at hospital, and Richard for being such a darling at home, whilst Nanna was looking after them.

The first treat rang the doorbell at about 11am this morning - it was Pop! They were pleased to see him, but when Pop said that he hadn't brought them anything with him, they did go back to the TV! But Pop was soon forgiven, and they sat on his lap to watch the TV!
The next treat was a trip to the restaurant for a sausage! this was really a treat all round. And I think we ALL deserved it! Thanks Nanna and Pop for treating us!
I had Schnitzel with asparagus and cheese on top, it really was delicious but I did struggle to eat it all up!
After lunch, we came straight home again, as it was raining and not at all the weather for the playground. Mum and Dad left soon after, Mum deserves her rest she will be getting.
After Richard had finished his afternoon snooze, we went to the shops. Well toy shop to be precise, where the boys had 15 Euros each to spend. 5 from Nanna and Pop and 10 from us.
Robert has promised that he will now take his asprin without the huge fuss we had this morning. We'll see tomorrow, whether he remembers!
They each bought another piece for the Thomas the Tank Engine Take-along Railway track, Robert got the breakdown train Rocky, which he had sorted out in hospital, and Richard with the help of Robert chose Annie, Thomas's carriage!
Then they both sorted themselves out a new jigsaw each. Robert has a big 100 piece Tractor jigsaw, and Richard now has his own Thomas the Tank Engine jigsaws 2x48 piece! They are getting so good at jigsaws now. Well Robert had a LOT of practise in hospital. Cause when he wasn't watching the DVDs on the laptop, we were doing jigsaws (60 and 100 pieces), I say we, but he did them, I just pretended to help!
Now they are both in bed, and I am hoping for a good nights sleep, we'll see! Last night, Robert had me up 3 times - two for a weewee, which is good, but once to tell me "I love you lots and lots Mummy" - really, I don't need to hear that in the middle of the night. I love it during the day, but at night, when he wakes me up to tell me, I don't truly appreciate it!
Bye 4 now

No comments: